NorMega Withdrawable MV Switchgear
Arc fault and short-circuit tested
Norelco NorMega is an arc-fault and short-circuit tested air-insulated withdrawable circuit-breaker switchgear system for 10 kV and 20 kV networks.
NorMega is applied as the primary distribution switchgear in substations and in industrial distribution.
Reliable & safe
The reliability and safety of NorMega switchgear is guaranteed by a comprehensive testing program, ease of use and guaranteed management of error situations.
The switchgear is type-tested according to the standards IEC62271-1 and IEC 62271-200 and the short-circuit and arc-fault tests have been carried out in an accredited German testing laboratory.
Operational safety is guaranteed e.g. with the following functions:
* all operations are performed from the control panel only when the doors are closed and locked
* metal shutters prevent unintentional contact with live parts
* the interlocking mechanism of the circuit-breaker, earthing switch and the door is completely mechanical, preventing unpermitted actions
The switchgear was designed, paying special attention to the ease and consistency of the manual operations, which has been accomplished by using a mechanical control panel, which has only one selector switch for all operations. Ergonomically, the control panel is also positioned at the proper height.
In case of a fault, pressure is released safely through pressure discharge channels designed in the switchgear.
The versatility of NorMega becomes manifest, when selecting the suitable switchgear for the specific application. The NorMega system consists of the following options:
- metal-clad and Cubicle-type switchgear
- full and half carriage switchgear
- innovative design makes it possible to use the circuit-breakers of different manufacturers
Due to the internal lay-out, NorMega is extremely easy to install, since the connection space is maximum both in the full and half carriage version.
- Product name: NorMega 10 and 20
- Structure name: NorMega
- Rated voltage: 12/24 kV
- Rated current: 3150 A
- Protection class: IP 30
- Manufacturer: Norelco Oy
- Business areas: Energy, industry
Telephone +358 50 529 1919